Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Update on medical stuff

K and I spent a bit of time up in N.S. Hospital last night. She was having a few pains that were new to her and so while I hurriedly got a head start on dinner she got a headstart on the inevitable long queue at the emergency department.

A test or two eliminated the urinary tract infection option so we waited for the doc (which took a very slow hour and a half or so) to be available to do an exam which ultimately rendered the news we probably expected from the beginning - "I don't think there's anything to worry about - come back if it gets worse."

Everything seems fine this morning. A first baby is a weird thing. All your ideas of "normal" disappear about 8 weeks in and everything new gets noticed which makes it seem kind of "abnormal" just by virtue of the fact that it's never been experienced before.

Still it is very nice to have a hospital within a very short drive and we were tucked up in bed not all that much later than we would normally have been

I have my liver scan today. I am running on empty until 1.30 this afternoon and then I have an appointment with the doctor on Friday to go over the findings. Something is not quite right in my abdomen but I am hoping at this stage it is nothing more serious than the need to get serious about diet.

I've lost about 6kg now and eat really pretty healthy - I allow myself a meal or two off a week and even then I don't eat radically bad and I have eliminated all snacking on anything but the healthiest options.

Keep you posted

No comments: