Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Great news and sad news and good news

Well it's been an interesting fortnight. About a fortnight ago my church, Graceway, agreed to part sponsor the trip. They've provided 1/3rd of the money which is awesome and totally unexpected. (Well I wrote a letter asking if they'd consider a donation but it's a very small church so I was not sure what to expect...)

But this week the sad news - Graceway has decided to close. It has been on the cards for a while because it is so small and now my excitement of being able to be a missionary on behalf of my church has now been tempered with this news. By the time I leave for Bangladesh Graceway will no longer exist as a church.

But I know the Graceway people are going to stay in touch and I hope they are reading this and even tho the official group may be coming to a close I'm still going to be taking a little piece of them with me... and I'm really proud to do that

It's kind of a cool legacy that the Spirit of Graceway is going to live on in this most needy part of the world after the doors close...

No comments: