Monday, September 17, 2007

Some random thoughts

I spent two days in Melbourne last week for work. Up until now it hadn't really occurred to me how much I would miss K while I was away at the end of the year. But it really came home to me as I was sitting at the airport on Thursday morning waiting to leave - I really didn't want to go.

It's going to be harder than I thought to be away for so long. Hmmm. Not a whole lot I can do about that I guess but it was interesting to realise it now rather than late November.

I'm very fortunate that I actually love to go home to my wife (and family) at the end of the day. 4 weeks without being able to do that and to share what my day was like when it is almost certain to be quite radical and surreal every day is certainly going to take it's toll.

No comments: