Monday, September 17, 2007

What's the buzz...

Ok. So a number of people have asked me to keep them informed of what is going on so they can pray for us and be involved. I figured this blog might be a good idea cause you can email it from anywhere and people can ask questions and have them answered as a group. So here is a quick synopsis.

In late November (at this point I won't say the exact date until I am sure it is safe to do so) a team of 10 people - myself included will travel to Dhakar, Bangladesh for two weeks and then on to Kolkotta, India for two weeks to look at the humanitarian work that is going on in those two cities.

It's an oppotunity for people like me (and K) who are interested in doing this type of work to see what it is like and to actively participate with a view to maybe returning to do this type of work for a longer duration.

The work is varied and if you'd like to know more about it you can contact me directly via email (just post if you don't know my current email address and I'll send you a note) .

K will be some 28 weeks pregnant at the time so it will be just me going - so I guess that's our first biggie. Our dear friend Deb is going to stay with her while I am gone so that is very cool (thanks Deb!)

To further complicate the issue I have offered my services as a would-be film-maker to shoot the entire experience and compile it into a documentary - a travelogue/posterity piece about what we go thru and how it changes us. So I have been filming dutifully at all our meetings and generally making a nuisance of myself with camera in hand. But I think it will come out OK in the end.

You might notice I'm not saying any names in this blog - I am not yet sure how much we can safely publicise since no doubt some people working in this area need to not draw attention to themselves and these internets have ears...

That's probably enough of a first post for now - so please check back often and I'll let you know what's going on with me and the team. Thanks for being interested in what we're doing

No comments: