Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Two weeks in limbo

So it's been a couple of weeks since I posted which is actually kind of indicative of how things have been for me. Quiet. Thoughtful at times. But not earth shattering.

I've caught up with a few friends and have been asked what I make of the experiences I had and my answer is pretty much the same to all of them. I'm not sure. It's going to take time to work thru it all.

I'm getting over the weirdness of being back. I still feel different and work is hard to concentrate on (I went back on the 27th of Dec)

Advice from the overseas workers was "don't drop everything and come here" and I can understand why.

K and I have talked about how important it is not to run away from things but to plan to go to something new. Running away implies disatisfaction and disillusionment and I think those things tend to follow you - you can't really abandon them.

My shortlist of things I am sure of:
Money, cars and house are not as important to me as they were (and they were more important than I thought)
There is no fulfilment without sacrifice (perhaps the most tangible development in my thinking so far)
It's important that whatever we do next we believe in it

Things I am unsure of:
If our future lies overseas?
When or if my feelings of uncertainty will change/grow/evolve/leave?

I'm not terribly good at this blogging thing. I never have profound insights - just random thoughts it seems ;o)

No comments: