Saturday, December 22, 2007

Home Again

Well after 33 hours in transit I am home again!

We had a loooong layover in Bangkok - more than 15 hours during which I opted to sleep in one of the dayrooms you can rent

And then finally after 4 long weeks and 33 even longer hours I walked out those doors into a happiness I have not experienced since my wedding day (sorry for waxing lyrical)

But I had some fears in coming home.

I was worried I wouldn't want or be able to talk to K about the experiences. That may sound odd but some people have used a good word in their emails to me to describe the experience - harrowing. Which is exactly what the trip has been on more than one occasion.

Harrowing things are difficult to talk about.

But already I have begun to talk things thru with her and being the wonderful wife she is K has tried hard to understand and give me room to talk about them - so that fear has not eventuated

There is another fear tho.

Complacency.

A trip like this should be life changing. That's why you go on it in the first place. I fear choosing complacency.

Brooke Fraser put it well "Now that I have seen - I am responsible"

I wonder what I will do with all this now - will it make a difference? Will I burn out from trying to change too much too soon? Will I dismiss it all as an "interesting experience" and just go back to the way things used to be.

Now that I have seen.

No comments: